Sunday Morning Worship at Hope
9:30 AM — Worship Service
10:45 AM — “Crossroads” – Adult and Youth Sunday School (Sept thru 2nd week of June)
SNOW POLICY We try to have church service no matter what the weather is.
However if we should have to delay or cancel service we will send an e-blast
out and it will be posted on the website and Channel 12 Local News. Our delay
time will be 10:30am. As always use your own judgment as to the safety of
the roads between your home and Hope Church.
“Hope is Radical Love”
Hope is Passionately Loving God, Radically Loving Others, and Making Jesus Known
To Lead People into a Growing Intimate Relationship with Jesus Christ and Equipping Them to Provide Hope to Our Community and the World!
Our Values: (Four things we highly value)
RELATIONSHIP – God calls us into a relationship with himself and we strive together to know and love Him more. He also calls us to fellowship with other Christians, and all of our ministries are designed to help facilitate developing friendships and doing life together.
FAMILY – Our Church is a place for you to live out being a member of God’s family, no matter what age or place in life you are in. We have a special ministry focus to families with school aged children. Since that is the predominant make-up of our community.
- Youth Ministry, Junior High & High School
- Children’s Ministry on Sunday mornings
- Annual Kids Camp
- Mother of Preschoolers Ministry
- First Step Preschool
- Parenting Seminars
- Annual Marriage Course
- Family Counseling
- CARS Ministry fro single mom’s
- Men’s and Women’s Bible Studies, programs and events
- Family Fellowship lunches and activities like: Pool Parties, Kayak Day, Church Hike, Beach BBQ, Church at the Park
THE BIBLE – We believe the Bible is God’s inspired word given to us to use in living each day with Him. We preach the Bible, study it in groups, and encourage you to read and apply it in your own life.
MISSION – We believe God created us for the purpose of knowing and serving Him. We strive as a church to use our gifts and resources to make a difference in the world with God. We believe everyone has something to offer and we seek to help you find your niche of meaningful service and ministry. Locally, we are meeting the needs of suburban and urban youth, international students, the homeless and the needy, people caught in addiction, those needing food, single mothers, and teen moms. Internationally we are working with 26 mission partners, and are hands-on involved with orphans in Ethiopia, and pastor and leadership training in Kenya.
What We Believe
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men,and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life. II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1: 21
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I John 5:7; Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, and ascended into Heaven where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate. John 1:1; Hebrews 9:24-28; I Corinthians 15:3
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict man, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, and empower the believer for godly living and service. John 14:16, 17, 26; John 15:26; John 16:8
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and therefore is lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salva tion and spiritual life be obtained. Genesis 1:27; Romans 5:12; John 1:12-13
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God. John 1:12; John 3:3,16
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation. Matthew 28:19; I Corinthians 11:23-25
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head. I Corinthians 12:12-14
- We believe that only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church. Acts 2:47
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs. Colossians 1:18
- We believe in the personal and premillennial and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this Blessed Hope has a vital bearing of the personal life and service of the Believer. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead: of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment. I Corinthians 15:51-54
Hope Church is part of the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA)
Hope is part of the Evangelical Free Church, a collection of over 1300 churches across America. Evangelical refers to our commitment to the Bible as God’s authoritative word and Free describes our church government as congregational and free from denominational control. As denominations go, we are pretty low-key with many of the benefits of support and programs, and none of the downsides of some group across the country dictating what your church should believe about current issues or the Bible. Our common statement of faith re-elects all the main points of historic biblical Christianity. Most of our congregation had no prior experience with what we call EV Free, but have come here from all kinds of various church backgrounds and found a great fit and church home. You can find out more at our denomination web site: www.efca.org
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or use the form below to update your current contact information (address, e-mail, phone):